Step Away from PACS and Move to the Cloud
Executive Insights from Republic County Hospital, Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists, and Ambra Health
Healthcare organizations of all sizes are shifting from PACS to cloud-based vendor-neutral archives. This move is driven by three key trends:
- An increasing amount of diverse healthcare data.
- Patient demands for accessibility.
- The imperative of disaster recovery.
New regulation calls for greater interoperability in healthcare and increased patient access to health data. Combined, these challenges and initiatives demand a more holistic approach to image archive and management.
In support of these goals, cloud VNAs allow the connection of other systems (like a RIS or EHR) and make it simple to transfer and view studies, integrate priors, and create holistic patient health records.
From the insights of this brief you will learn:
- Why your organization needs to consolidate disparate imaging systems.
- How elastic cloud architecture scales to meet increasing image volumes, systems, users, and organizations.
- Understanding patient demands for access.